Comax is a complete replacement for the keyboard. There are many applications
where a morse replacement offers advantages. Some common applications are:
- Amateur radio operators and other morse code enthusiasts will prefer
code entry as an option to the keyboard. In fact experienced morse code
operators can send morse code faster than most keyboard typists.
- Having only the mouse on the desk reduces clutter and increases desk
- Comax only requires one hand for sending and does not require looking at
a keyboard or screen while sending.
- Less fatigue than a keyboard, especially when using a paddle.
- Comax is a great way to learn the morse code or to improve code speed
- Comax works well with small handheld computers (such as the Sony UX)
where the keyboard is too small for comfort.
- Comax works well with handhelds or laptops in mobile operations where
the rough ride makes keyboard use difficult. This includes military
- Comax works well with "wearable" computers where the screen is displayed
in a headset.
- Comax is an alternate input device for those suffering from carpel
tunnel. Can be used with either hand, or even adapted to a foot switch.
- Comax has applications for the handicapped as an alternate input device
connecting to special switches or even to a brainwave scanner.